Seek the Peak: Your Mountain Adventure Awaits
Looking north at Mount Washington from South Moat last July.
The much-anticipated gathering of New Hampshire’s outdoor community, Seek the Peak
, returns this summer and you’re invited!
Our 23rd annual event continues the tradition of summer hiking and celebration in the White Mountains to raise vital support for the nonprofit Mount Washington Observatory.
Hikers raise funds, earn gear, and celebrate at our Après Hike Party with live music, food trucks, epic gear raffle, beer garden, vendors, and people who care deeply about the trails and an inclusive hiking community. All ability levels are welcome!
Here’s How It Works
- Register as an individual or part of a team
- Start raising funds to support your hike and the weather and climate work of Mount Washington Observatory
- Your personal fundraising page will make it easy to ask for support from friends, family, and colleagues
- Earn gear including a Cotopaxi backpack, EMS shirt with locally designed graphics, and tickets to our epic gear raffle
- All registrations include a tour of the Observatory’s summit weather station on Seek the Peak weekend (July 15)
- Join us for the kick-off party at Tuckerman Brewing Company on Fri., July 14 from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Sign in and start your hike at Pinkham Notch Visitor Center on July 15 from 6:00 to 10:00 a.m. (lodging also available here)
- From 3:00 to 6:00 p.m., all participants are invited to the Après Hike Party at Great Glen Trails at the base of the Mount Washington Auto Road
Our Hike and Make Friends
option supports all ability levels
, pairing hikers with similar goals for a trek that’s right for you.
And you don’t have to hike Mount Washington! Find info about alternative hikes on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
AMC staff will also be at sign-in to help hikers select the right route.
If you aren’t able to join us for the Après Hike Party, that’s OK! You can still join the cause and add purpose to your summer hiking plan. Hike on a different date and choose any trail that’s right for you. Whether it’s 4,000-footers or nature walks, it’s all outdoor adventure!
Seek the Peak
is our largest annual fundraiser. Our goal is to raise $170,000
by July 15 to sustain our weather station on New England’s highest peak and services like our twice-a-day Higher Summits Forecast
, which supports safe hiker decision-making in the White Mountains. Always remember to hikeSafe
Seek the Peak and our Après Hike Party are made possible by YOU and our sponsors!