In 2022, we celebrated our 90th anniversary. It's not only an occasion to look back on our enduring history, but also a moment to plan for the future.
Making a gift to Mount Washington Observatory means sustaining one of the longest continuous weather records in North America, year-round forecasts that keep people safe and aid in search and rescue operations, and education programs that bring our expertise into classrooms and homes to build scientific learning.
Mount Washington Observatory
PO Box 2310
North Conway, NH 03860
Your gift also means supporting a new direction forward, including:
- New scientific programs that will bring cutting-edge researchers to use our facilities and data.
- The launch of classroom-based programs for rural students in our region who desperately need ways to learn technical skills like those found in weather and climate science.
- Building and testing instrumentation for partners such as National Geographic to measure high-atmosphere wind speeds on Mount Everest.
- New field camps and capstone research projects during which undergraduate students in atmospheric sciences can visit and work on research questions we support.
- Professional development for teachers to learn how best to educate their students on complex topics in meteorology and extreme weather.
You can help increase our capacity so we can carry out meaningful scientific research, engage new university partners, and expand our educational programs for adults and children. Your gift also means we can continue to record the world’s most extreme weather each day (and night) on top of Mount Washington.
Please consider supporting Mount Washington Observatory. Help support the NEXT 90 YEARS in weather and climate by making your tax-deductible donation today!
Mount Washington Observatory is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit institution, so gifts to the Observatory are deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Please consult your tax adviser for more information. EIN # 02-0225135