Our Fiscal Year-End Campaign
2014-04-21 17:48:02.000 – Cara Rudio, Director of Advancement
As you know, Mount Washington Observatory is a nonprofit institution, and we occasionally reach out to ask for your support.
At the end of March we launched our fiscal year-end annual fund campaign to raise the remaining funds we need to end our year without a deficit. Our target is $50,000, and our deadline is April 30.
With 9 days left in our fiscal year, we are still $29,873 from our goal. Please help us close this gap by making a tax-deductible contribution today.
Your gift will support:
– Our weather operations on Mount Washington, including our mountaintop station and remote reporting sites throughout the White Mountains
– Our educational outreach programs, which help inspire the next generation of scientists through exciting, place-based learning
– Our Weather Discovery Center museum in downtown North Conway and forthcoming Extreme Mount Washington educational experience on the summit of Mount Washington, which share the science of weather and climate with more than 150,000 visitors each year
– Vital upgrades to our technological infrastructure, from our instruments to our servers
– A long overdue redesign of our website, to ensure a more accurate and timely delivery of weather data, forecasts, webcam images and more
We have been talking a lot about the redesign project, because this website is the most public, far-reaching face of Mount Washington Observatory. More than 1.1 million unique visitors per year turn to MountWashington.org for weather information. As a reader of this blog, you obviously understand and appreciate these resources.
Please, make a tax-deductible donation of any amount and help us continue our work in weather observation, research and education right here in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
Cara Rudio, Director of Advancement