A Message From Our Executive Director
2014-04-29 07:06:17.000 – Scot Henley, Executive Director
This is it: Our fiscal year ends at midnight tomorrow, and we are still $18,642 from our goal. Please, make a tax-deductible donation of any amount right now – this is your last chance to help!
There is so much riding on this year’s budget:
- The new website , which will deliver our weather, webcams, photos and news in a much more modern, user-friendly interface.
- Critical IT upgrades , which will allow us to complete the new website and provide a more reliable flow of data to your screen.
- The operation of our summit weather station , including the continuation of our 82-year climate record, daily weather reports, forecasting and more.
- Our regional mesonet, a system of remote instrument sites, which provide crucial data for research and our higher summits forecasts.
- The busy summer season at our Weather Discovery Center , which shares the science of climate and weather with all visitors without the barrier of an admission fee.
- Our summer lecture series , Science in the Mountains, which brings interesting research and pertinent issues to the public eye.
Everything that we do and all the resources that we offer are made possible by the support of Observatory members and donors – you, and others like you.
Please, take this opportunity to show your support for citizen-funded science and education by making a donation today. It’s an investment in the future of Mount Washington Observatory.
Thank you for your support!
Scot Henley, Executive Director