2014-02-10 17:26:58.000 – Marty, Summit Cat
I was a bit thirsty this morning…
Meow there, Marty here. Sorry it has been a while since I wrote last, my life has been purr-etty busy lately. Just kidding, that was a lie. Mother Nature has not been very nice to me recently, seeing as though it won’t stop snowing for some odd reason and the tem-purr-ature is always below zero! I rarely go outside! However, I find this time of year to be bittersweet. Hmm, now that I mention it, let’s break it down:
1) I have the entire building to myself, well…purr-etty much.
2) I get lots of toys and treats for Christmas! (Have you seen my new box!?)
3) I get more sleep (can’t wait to do that in a few minutes).
1) Snow and cold weather keep me inside most days.
2) The Auto Road and Cog Railway are closed, preventing most of my friends from coming to the summit.
3) I am always thirsty (as seen in the photo above) because the air is so dry!
About that new box I made reference to earlier, I love it! The observers were nice enough to cut the top flaps off and put some newspaper down to act as bedding. Its position on top of the weather desk allows me to oversee what is going on in the weather room as well as in the adjacent room where a few other desks are located. Hmm maybe if I hang out there long enough and prove that I can effectively oversee the day-to-day operations, they will give me a promotion. Ahh yes, I can see it now, Marty “Summit Cat/Shift Leader”. Has a nice ring to it, don’t you think? Well, it is about time for me to get going, I can smell cookies baking downstairs!
Marty, Summit Cat